academic faculty positions with teaching
and research commitments which
will support the research agenda of the Digital Enterprise Institute.
This is an opportunity to work with the largest Semantic Web Research Institute
(DERI (http://www.deri.ie) has about 130 people working on the Semantic Web)
and be part of a hub for Web Science in a permanent academic
The successful candidates will be full faculty members in the College
for Engineering and Informatics of the National University of Ireland, Galway
with all academic rights and obligations including PhD student supervision.
Applicants will be expected to possess:
· A PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Information
Science/Technology or closely related areas.
· Significant experience of University teaching, excellent
communication skills, and a demonstrable commitment to continuous
improvement in all aspects of teaching and learning.
· An international peer-reviewed track record of publications
in relevant journals and internationally-ranked conferences.
· Demonstrated experience of successful graduate student
supervision at PhD level.
· Demonstrated experience of competing successfully for
national and international research funding.
· A clear vision for how their research can contribute to the
achievement of NUI Galway’s research priorities in Computer Science
and ICT, specifically Web Science, Linked Data and the Semantic Web.
· Ability and commitment to develop collaborative
relationships with other academic staff in related disciplines in the
pursuit of teaching and research objectives.
· Demonstrated experience in working with industry and strong
commitment to future industrial engagements.
Salary is €55,853 p.a. to €73,288 p.a. for new entrants
(€62,059 p.a. to €81,431 p.a. for people already working in the Irish
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight (local time) on
Thursday, 21st June 2012. It will not be possible to consider
applications received after the closing date. Applications should be
sent to email@example.com
For more details please see:
Feel free to contact me regarding questions about DERI and the research in DERI.